To commemorate the liberal Modern Language Association (MLA) conference, here is a summary in the form of 13 tweets! Enjoy!
1. The elevators took too long to get people places! Even if stairs are within a couple of feet away!
2. Low standards for MLA panel attendance
3. Pictures of your book at an academic conference is oh-so-sexy
4. Books are expensive
5. Grad students’ job prospects are so bad, one guy suggested grant writing!
6. The convention was so boring, one guy joked about staying home and admiring his soap
7. It was so bad that one attendee went home and binge-watched a TV show
8. There are confusing academic discussions like this:
9. San Jose State University dean’s “Captain Obvious” Moment
10. It was so disgusting that you had to “sweat” it out of your body
11. Apparently you can measure how “contagious” work is
12. Where’s GhostBusters when you need them?!
13. One person said she was glad to spend time with family and not being at the Modern Language Association