Academic Study Scores Obama
As if he hasn’t had enough bad news, now the presdent faces a study finding him wanting from one of his key constituencies—academia. “Keith Hennessey, a Stanford University economist, went back over the past 10 presidents, charting the average jobless rates of their presidencies,” Donald Lambro reported in The Washington Times..“Here’s what he found:
- “Lyndon Johnson, 4.2 percent;
- “Dwight Eisenhower, 4.9 percent;
- “Richard Nixon, 5.0 percent;
- “Bill Clinton, 5.2 percent;
- “George W. Bush, 5.3 percent;
- “John F. Kennedy, 6.0 percent;
- “George H.W. Bush, 6.3 percent;
- “Jimmy Carter, 6.5 percent;
- “Ronald Reagan, 7.5 percent; “
- “Gerald Ford, 7.8 percent; and
- “Barack Obama in his first three years, 9.2 percent.”
Malcolm A. Kline is the Executive Director of Accuracy in Academia.
If you would like to comment on this article, e-mail email@example.com.