Go Figure: Audience at George Washington University Debate Lean Anti-Trump

, Spencer Irvine, Leave a comment

From Campus Reform:

The debate—titled “Give Trump a Chance?”—featured David Frum, senior editor for The Atlantic, and Brennan Center for Justice President Michael Waldman arguing against giving the president a chance, with Bloomberg View columnist Clive Cook and political analyst and attorney Gayle Trotter making the case that Trump should be given a chance to pursue the policies he campaigned on…

The debate continued along the same lines for about half an hour, after which there was a Q&A with the audience. The audience was also polled on the resolution both before and after the event by Intelligence Squared U.S., which hosted the debate.

Among those who attended in person, the anti-Trump side emerged with a clear victory, increasing its support from 43 percent to 72 percent, while the share of audience members supporting the idea of giving Trump a chance fell from 28 percent to 21 percent.